A Walking Adventure. Why?
Here are 10 reasons – a mere smidgen of why – everyone should consider a walking adventure as an option:
1. Looking within isn’t so easy with our busy schedules. Walking allows time for self-reflection.
2. Training is necessary beforehand. The adventure then raises fitness one more notch.
3. Climate and landscapes are important aspects of any area we visit, but only while walking do we really experience them. Strolling serves up a different perspective of our surroundings.
4. Interactions with locals are more frequent. Even a casual greeting with a passer-by offers a chance for a brief conversation.
5. A walking adventure is a way of experiencing a foreign culture in a broader sense than any guidebook’s focus.
6. How much stuff do we really need in our lives? A walking adventure necessitates a closer look at this constant dilemma of our 21st century world, especially if the walker carries his/her own bag.
7. A walking adventure breaks a long journey into manageable parts, an outstanding skill to master.
8. Spending more time outside makes us healthier. Read more on this with an article by Jennipher Walters.
9. Whether in a group or solo, a walking adventure is a stretch of most people’s comfort zone. According to Forbes, this elongation of the norm is a key to success.
10. Compared to most sports, walking is inexpensive and can be practised at any age. All that’s needed is a good pair of shoes.
Copyright 2017. Monique Martel. All rights reserved.